just saw an early preview screening of the lionsgate movie ‘trade’, due to be released in the u.s. next april. it’s a film about the horror of human trafficking; and the role that westerners play in creating the demand. if it is released in its current form, it will be one of the most shocking movies produced by a mainstream studio. while it isn’t as harsh as lukas moodysson’s ‘lilya 4-ever’, and it has a hollywood through line that is a little too much closure for comfort, ‘trade’ is an important movie because if it is seen widely enough, it might just serve as a catalyst to motivate people to do something about this modern slave trade. meantime you can find out more and take action right now from friends at http://www.protest4.com
- THE BLOG HAS MOVED – LONG LIVE THE BLOG!
- HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT
- IRELAND TRIP THIS AUGUST WITH DAVE WILCOX AND ME – REGISTER SOON!
- ST PATRICK RUSTIN DAY
- MR TURNER IS A PERFECT FILM
- WHY ‘SELMA’ COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THINGS
- AT HOME WHEREVER YOU ARE
- FILM MOMENTS OF 2014
- THIRTY-NINE (OR MORE) FAVORITE FILMS (AND NOT) OF 2014
- MOVIES AND MEANING – A DREAM SPACE: YOU’RE INVITED