i just saw a beautiful film about fathers and sons – ‘tell them who you are’ – a documentary about the cinematographer haskell wexler shot by his son. it’s such a thoughtful and touching piece of cinema; and the bonus is you get to hear martin sheen talking about the meaning of life: to win our freedom on every possible level. it’s so good i’m going to keep the dvd instead of selling it on ebay. and in these frugal days, that’s saying something.
- THE BLOG HAS MOVED – LONG LIVE THE BLOG!
- HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT
- IRELAND TRIP THIS AUGUST WITH DAVE WILCOX AND ME – REGISTER SOON!
- ST PATRICK RUSTIN DAY
- MR TURNER IS A PERFECT FILM
- WHY ‘SELMA’ COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THINGS
- AT HOME WHEREVER YOU ARE
- FILM MOMENTS OF 2014
- THIRTY-NINE (OR MORE) FAVORITE FILMS (AND NOT) OF 2014
- MOVIES AND MEANING – A DREAM SPACE: YOU’RE INVITED