It’s intriguing how many current films address questions of revenge and justice. Like all cinematic epidemics, this is a mixed bag, from Quentin Tarantino’s alternately boring and horrifying car-crash fest Death Proof, just released on DVD, to the slasher-style terror of Death Sentence starring Kevin Bacon, to the mature and moving reflection on justice and fatherhood in 3:10 to Yuma, to the ostensibly more thoughtful treatment of vengeance in Jodie Foster’s new film The Brave One.
- THE BLOG HAS MOVED – LONG LIVE THE BLOG!
- HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT
- IRELAND TRIP THIS AUGUST WITH DAVE WILCOX AND ME – REGISTER SOON!
- ST PATRICK RUSTIN DAY
- MR TURNER IS A PERFECT FILM
- WHY ‘SELMA’ COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THINGS
- AT HOME WHEREVER YOU ARE
- FILM MOMENTS OF 2014
- THIRTY-NINE (OR MORE) FAVORITE FILMS (AND NOT) OF 2014
- MOVIES AND MEANING – A DREAM SPACE: YOU’RE INVITED