It’s nearly time for the end of year ‘best of’ movie list – and rest assured, I’ll produce one in a week or so – still have to see ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, ‘Revolutionary Road’, ‘Brad Pitt Tries For an Oscar Again’, ‘I’ve Loved You So Long’, and ‘Four Christmases’ – so the list can’t be completed just yet. But by way of a characteristic preview I can let you know that if you’re a Roger Corman-trained guy best known for a cannibal movie, a French circus artiste with a taste for creative tightroping, or a college professor learning to play the djembe, you might have reason to be pleased with yourself. I’m off to see ‘The Day The Earth Stood Still’. Will comment later.
- THE BLOG HAS MOVED – LONG LIVE THE BLOG!
- HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT
- IRELAND TRIP THIS AUGUST WITH DAVE WILCOX AND ME – REGISTER SOON!
- ST PATRICK RUSTIN DAY
- MR TURNER IS A PERFECT FILM
- WHY ‘SELMA’ COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THINGS
- AT HOME WHEREVER YOU ARE
- FILM MOMENTS OF 2014
- THIRTY-NINE (OR MORE) FAVORITE FILMS (AND NOT) OF 2014
- MOVIES AND MEANING – A DREAM SPACE: YOU’RE INVITED