Don’t you appreciate it when a film marketing company treats the audience with enough respect not to pretend that their film is anything other than what it really is? I mean, ‘MegaShark vs. Giant Octopus’ probably isn’t going to evoke the spirit of Ingmar Bergman (although it does seem to deal with Bergman’s key theme, death), nor will it have the wit of Wes Anderson (but the trailer certainly made me laugh), but it does have Debbie Gibson, without whom my bedroom wall twenty years ago would have featured only posters for ‘The Goonies’ and ‘Back to the Future’. Debbie Gibson. And a Giant Octopus and Mega Shark. Not much else I can say right now.
- THE BLOG HAS MOVED – LONG LIVE THE BLOG!
- HOW TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT
- IRELAND TRIP THIS AUGUST WITH DAVE WILCOX AND ME – REGISTER SOON!
- ST PATRICK RUSTIN DAY
- MR TURNER IS A PERFECT FILM
- WHY ‘SELMA’ COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THINGS
- AT HOME WHEREVER YOU ARE
- FILM MOMENTS OF 2014
- THIRTY-NINE (OR MORE) FAVORITE FILMS (AND NOT) OF 2014
- MOVIES AND MEANING – A DREAM SPACE: YOU’RE INVITED